Tuesday, April 16, 2013

The Skin You're In..



You're skin....it can make or break your entire look. Whether you are sunburnt, too pasty pale, too tan, to broke out, or flawless- it reflects your personal care of your body. What you eat, how you work out, and personal hygiene all play key factors in the condition of your skin.


LETS BE HONEST- I am addicted to picking my face. If I see a blemish, I HAVE to get it. I've been like this since I was a little girl. Even if it is the tiniest little blackhead in the smallest pore- I obsess over getting it out. For what? So I can make my face red and swollen, only to irritate it and turn a microscope blemish into a raging zit? Yea- pretty much thats how it happens. Bottom line- leave your face alone and leave it to the professionals. I've learned the hard way. I have these semi-pitted scares on my face from years of picking. Fortunately, I have had some pretty deep facials that helped to reduce the discoloring. Eventually I would like to do a laser peel to help resurface my overall complexion, however I will cross that bridge when I get there.

How can we fix these problems???!!!

#1 Hydration (in my opinion) is the most important factor. If I am drinking a lot of water- my skin is overall in better condition, and breakouts are few and far between. If I am using a moisturizer, my skin usually has a softer feel. I know you are probably thinking, "seriously, this is the best she's got? water?"
Honestly, Yes!! I really feel that drinking water is the most obvious choice, yet people would rather spend hundreds of dollars on acne medicine before they force themselves to drink 6 bottles of water a day.

When I first moved to California in 2007, I had this close friend, (lets call her....Tasha). Tasha had a horrible problem with acne. Huge, red inflamed monstrous blemishes covering her chin and cheeks. She tried proactive, dermatologist visits, sun, even accutane. Tasha did workout a lot, and fitness was important to her (which helps). However her diet was horrible! She would drink pop everyday, several times. Tasha usually had a bag of chips on the side of her meal (instead of veggies), and she was an avid weekend drinker. Her lifestyle is quite normal to the average 19yr old (eat what you want, as long as you work out). However, the amount of processed foods, and sugar going into her body (with little water intake) was definitely showing up on her skin. My parents never really spent money on sugary juices, pop, or other beverages. We had either water or milk, and OJ in the morning growing up. So I guess I was just programmed to "drink water drink water drink water". Anyways (sorry I get off topic), While venting about her skin, I told Tasha to stop drinking so much pop and she's needs more water (it was actually a joke, because i said it so often). She would not make it a priority. So she kept the ongoing battle of dermatologist visits and harsh medicines to try and fix her skin. Now I know, not all acne can be fixed with water- it is a real problem. But, how many times do you take your diet into perspective when trying to fix your skin?

#2  Exfoliate!!!! Probably one of my favorite things to do in the shower. (Hey, I'm married- I didn't say it was my MOST favorite thing to do in the shower :) . I love using a great salt scrub on my skin. There are some great Epsom soaks that not only exfoliate, but also detox! I recommend Dr. Teals Epsom Soak.
The soft, silky sheen it leaves just screams clean! As for my face? I use MaryKay Microdermabrasion set once a week. For me, this has helped scaring and breakouts a ton!!! I love most MaryKay skincare line. I grew up using MaryKay (my mom sold it) so maybe I am biased towards their products. However, after High School- I did try over the counter products from drug stores and nothing seemed to work quite as well. So I started selling MaryKay on the side as well (it was really the only way I could afford it! ) .



I LOVE Bath and Body works Mango Scrub. No its not the most amazing product- but it works really great and super affordable. You have to exfoliate routinely. Like weekly, or every two days. Also wash your face every night and morning. I know it is so common for girls to pull a late night and fall asleep half sober with thick makeup caked on from a night out. Again- lets be honest, that makeup goes into your creases and doesn't sit to well in post 25yr wrinkles. 








    Anyways- this is just my take on glowing skin and keeping the pimples away ;) Please let comments for your favorite products!!!

    Ok, enough rambling for a week!

    H20 H20 H20 H20 H20 H20 H20 H20 H20 H20 H20 H20 Spotlight Ready!!!



    Much Love!!


    Kaela :)

    No comments:

    Post a Comment